Our article featured on the covers of the September/October Issue of the International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology!
1. Kovar*, D, King*, BH, Trice*, RW, and Halloran*, JW, “Feature Article – Fibrous Monolithic Ceramics,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 80  2471–87 (1997).
2. Trice*, RW and Halloran*, JW, “An Investigation of the Physical and Mechanical Properties of Hot–Pressed Boron Nitride/Oxide Ceramic Composites,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 82  2563-5 (1999).
3. Trice*, RW and Halloran*, JW, “Influence of Microstructure and Temperature on the Interfacial Fracture Energy of Silicon Nitride/Boron Nitride Fibrous Monolithic Ceramics,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 82  2502–8 (1999).
4. Trice*, RW and Halloran*, JW, “The Mode I Fracture Toughness of a Small Grained Silicon Nitride: Orientation, Temperature, and Crack Length Effects,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 82  2633–40 (1999).
5. Trice*, RW, Su*, J., Faber*, KT, Wang, H, and Porter, W, “The Role of NZP Additions in Plasma–Sprayed YSZ: Microstructure, Thermal Conductivity and Phase Stability Studies,” Mat. Sci. Eng., A272 284–91 (1999).
6. Trice*, RW and Halloran*, JW, “The Effect of Sintering Aids on Silicon Nitride/Boron Nitride Fibrous Monolithic Ceramics,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 82  2943–7 (1999).
7. Trice*, RW and Halloran*, JW, “The Elevated Temperature Mechanical Properties of Silicon Nitride/Boron Nitride Fibrous Monolithic Ceramics,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83  311–6 (2000).
8. Trice*, RW and Faber*, KT, “Role of Lamellae Morphology on the Microstructural Development and Mechanical Properties of Small Particle Plasma–Sprayed Alumina,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83  889–96 (2000).
9. Trice*, RW, Brewer*, LN, and Faber*, KT “The Dissociation of NZP (Ca0.5Sr0.5Zr4P6O24) During Plasma Spraying,” Scripta Mater., 42 855–60 (2000).
10. Trice*, RW, Prine, D., and Faber*, KT, “Deformation Mechanisms in Compression Loaded Stand–Alone Plasma–
Sprayed Alumina Coatings,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83  3057–64 (2000).
11. Trice*, RW, Scharff, C., Batson, C., and Faber*, KT, “Effect of Lamella Size on the Mechanical Properties of Stand–Alone Plasma–Sprayed Alumina Coatings,” Journal of Material Science, 37 629-36 (2002).
12. Trice*, RW, Su*, YJ, Mawdsley, J., Faber*, KT, de Arellano-Lopez, A.R, Wang, H., and Porter, W, “Effect of Heat-Treatment on Phase Stability, Lamella and Grain Morphology, and Thermal Conductivity of Plasma-Sprayed YSZ,” J. Mat. Sci., 37  2359-65 (2002).
13. Su*, YJ, Trice, RW, Faber*, KT,Wang, H., and Porter, W., “Thermal Conductivity, Phase Stability, and Oxidation Resistance of Y3Al5O12 (YAG)/Y2O3-ZrO2 (YSZ) Thermal Barrier Coatings,” Oxidation of Metals, 61 [3/4] 251-271 (2004).
14. Chen*, Z, Trice*, RW, Besser*, M., Yang*, X., and Sordelet*, D., “Air-Plasma Spraying Colloidal Solutions of Nanosized Powders,” J. Mat. Sci., 39 4171-8 (2004).
15. Levin*, J, Dickinson, G, and Trice*, RW, “In-situ Observation of Crack Behavior in Plasma-Sprayed 7 wt.% Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 87  960-2 (2004). (Note: This paper was highlighted in the MRS Bulletin, September, pg. 609 (2004).
16. Pickens*, EB, Trice*, RW, “Pressureless Sintering of Silicon Nitride/Boron Nitride Laminate Composites,” J. Mat. Sci., 40  2101-2103 (2005).
17. Chen*, Z. and Trice*, R.W Wang, H, Porter, W, Howe, J, Sordelet, D, and Besser, M, “Co-Doping of Yttria and Ceria Stabilized Zirconia for Thermal Barrier Applications,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 88  1584-1590 (2005).
18. Dickinson*, G., Petorak*, C., Bowman, K. and Trice*, RW, “Stress-Relaxation Testing of Stand-Alone Plasma-Sprayed Tubes of 7 wt.% Y2O3-ZrO2,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 88  2202-2208 (2005).
19. Erk*, K. Deschaseaux*, C., and Trice*, RW, “Grain-Boundary Grooving of Plasma-Sprayed Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Thermal Barrier Coatings Using Stand Alone Coating Tests,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 89  1673-8 (2006).
20. Ercan*, B., Bowman*,K., Trice*,RW, Wang, H, and Porter,W., "Effect of Initial Powder Morphology on Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Stand-Alone Plasma-Sprayed 7 wt.% Y2O3-ZrO2 Coatings," Materials Science Engineering A, A435-436 212-220 (2006).
21. Withey*, E., Petorak, C., Dickinson, G., Taylor, T., and Trice*,RW “Design of 7 wt.% Y2O3-ZrO2/Mullite Plasma-Sprayed Composite Coatings for Increased Creep Resistance,” J. Eur. Cer. Soc., 27 4675-4683 (2007).
22. Chen*, Z ,Speakman, S,. Howe,J., Wang, H., Porter, W., and Trice*, RW “Investigation of Reactions Between Vanadium Oxide and Plasma-Sprayed Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Coatings,” J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 29 1403-1411 (2009).
23. Chen*, Z. , Mabon, Wen, J.-G., and Trice*,RW, “Degradation of Plasma-Sprayed Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Coatings Via Ingress of Vanadium Oxide,” J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 29 1647-1656 (2009).
24. Petorak*,C., Ilavsky*, J., Wang, H., Porter, W., and Trice*, RW, “Microstructural Evolution of 7 wt.% Y2O3-ZrO2 Thermal Barrier Coatings Due to Stress Relaxation at Elevated Temperatures and the Concomitant Changes in Thermal Conductivity,” Surf. Coat. Techn., 205 57-65 (2010).
25. Petorak* C., and Trice*,RW, “Effect of Heat-Treatment on Stress Relaxation Behavior of Plasma-Sprayed 7 wt.% Y2O3-ZrO2 Stand-Alone Coatings,” Surf. Coat. Techn., 205 3218-3225 (2011).
26. VanEvery*,K., Krane*,M., Trice*,RW, Porter, H. Wang, M. Besser, D. Sordelet, J. Ilavsky, and J. Almer, “In-Flight Alloying of Nanocrystalline Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia Using Suspension Spray to Produce Ultra-Low Thermal Conductivity Thermal Barriers,” International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 8  1382-1392 (2011).
27. Petorak*,C., and Trice*, R.,“Direct Measurement of Deformation Behavior of Compression Loaded Plasma-Sprayed Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia,” Surf. Coat. Techn., 205 3211-3217 (2011).
28. VanEvery*,K., Wang, H., Porter, W., Besser, M, Sordelet, D.,Ilavsky,J, Almer, J., Krane*,M., Trice*,RW, “Column Formation in Suspension Plasma-Sprayed Coatings and Resultant Properties,” special issue of the J. Therm. Spray Techn., 20  817-828 (2011).
29. VanEvery*,K., Krane*,M., Trice*,RW, “Parametric Study of Suspension Plasma-Spray Processing Parameters on Coating Microstructures Manufactured from Nanoscale Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia,” Surface & Coatings Technology, 206 2464-2473 (2012).
30. Acosta*, M, Weisner, V., Martinez, C., Youngblood*, J., and Trice*, RW, “Characterization of the Rheological Behavior of Highly-Loaded Aqueous Alumina Suspensions Using PVP as a Response Modifier,” J. Am. Ceram Soc., 96  1372-1382 (2013).
31. Lortrakul, P., Trice, R.W., Trumble, K.P., and Dayananda, M.A., “Investigation of the Mechanisms of Type-II Hot Corrosion of Superalloy CMSX-4,” Corrosion Science, 80 408-415 (2014).
32. Tan, W., Petorak, C.A., Trice, R.W., “Rare-earth Modified Zirconium Diboride High Emissivity Coatings for Hypersonic Applications,” Journal of European Ceramic Society, 34 1-11 (2014).
33. Wiesner, V.L., Youngblood, J.P., Trice, R.W., “Room-Temperature Injection Molding of Aqueous Alumina-Polyvinylpyrrolidone Suspensions,” Journal of European Ceramic Society, 34  453-463 (2014).
34. Gong, S., VanEvery, K., Wang, H., Trice, R.W., “Microstructure and Thermal Properties of Inflight Rare-Earth Doped Thermal Barriers Prepared by Suspension Plasma Spray,” Journal of European Ceramic Society, 34 1243-1253 (2014).
35. J. Yanke, K. Fezi, R. W. Trice, and M. J. M. Krane, “Simulation of Slag Skin Formation in Electroslag Remelting Using a Volume-of-Fluid Method,” Numerical Heat Transfer A: Applications. 67  268-92 (2014).
36. Tan, W., Adducci, M, Trice, R.W., “Evaluation of Rare-Earth Modified ZrB2-SiC Ablation Resistance Using an Oxyacetylene Torch,” Journal of American Ceramic Society, 97  2639-2645 (2014).
37. Yi Shen, S.M. Moghadam, F. Sadeghi, K. Paulson, R.W. Trice, “Effect of Retained Austenite – Compressive Residual Stresses on Rolling Contact Fatigue Life of Carburized AISI 8620 Steel, Int. J. Fat., 75  135-144 (2015).
38. V.L. Wiesner, L.M. Rueschhoff, A.I. Diaz-Cano, R.W. Trice, and J.P. Youngblood, “Producing Dense Zirconium Diboride Components by Room-Temperature Injection Molding of Aqueous Ceramic Suspensions,” Ceramics International, 42  A 2750-2760 (2016).
39. L. Rueschhoff, W. Costakis, M. Michie, J. Youngblood, and R. Trice, “Additive Manufacturing of Dense Ceramic Parts via Direct Ink Writing of Aqueous Alumina Suspensions, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 13  821-830 (2016).
40. W. Costakis, L. Rueschhoff, A. Diaz-Cano, J. Youngblood, and R. Trice, “Additive Manufacturing of Boron Carbide via Continuous Filament Direct Ink Writing of Aqueous Ceramic Suspensions,” J. European Ceramic Society, 36  3249-3256 (2016).
41. L. Rueschhoff, J. Youngblood, and R. Trice, “Stabilizing Highly Loaded Silicon Nitride Aqueous Suspensions Using Comb Polymer Concrete Superplasticizers,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 99  3857-3865 (2016).
42. W. Tan, M. Adducci, C. Petorak, B. Thompson, A. Brenner, and R.W. Trice, “Effect of Rare-Earth Dopant (Sm) Concentration on Total Hemispherical Emissivity and Ablation Resistance of ZrB2/SiC Coatings,” J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 36  3833-3841 (2016).
43. A. Diaz, J. Youngblood, and R. Trice, “Stabilization of Highly-Loaded Boron Carbide Aqueous Suspensions,” IN PRESS Ceramics international (2017).
44. L. Rueschhoff, R. Trice, J. Youngblood, “Near-net Shaping of Silicon Nitride via Aqueous Room-Temperature Injection Molding and Pressureless Sintering”, Ceramics International, 43  10791-10798 (2017).
45. V. Wiesner, M. Acosta, L. Rueschhoff, R. Trice, J. Youngblood, “Horizontal Dip-Spin Casting of Aqueous Alumina Suspensions with Aligned Chopped Fiber Reinforcing Phase," Int. Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (2017).
46. J. Ramirez, H.I. Kenttamaa, G. Kilaz, R.W. Trice, "Effect of Biofuel Impurities on Hot Corrosion of Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia," Submitted to the Surf. Coat. Technology in May 2018
47. A. Brenner, A. Pena, X Phuah, C. Petorak, B. Thompson, R.W. Trice, "Cyclic Ablation of High-Emissivity Sm-Doped ZrB2/SiC Coatings on Alumina Substrates," In Press. J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. August 2017.
48. A. Pena, J.V. Vernon, and R.W. Trice, "Effect of Rare-Earth Element Dopants (Sm and Er) on the Ablation Resistance of ZrB2/SiC," Submitted to J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., June 2018
49. M. Romanczyk, J. Ramirez Velasco, L. Xu, P. Vozka, P. Dissanayake, K. Wedhe, N. Roe, E. Keating, G. Kilaz, R. W. Trice, and H. Kenttamaa, "The Capability of Different Organic Compounds to Swell Acrylonitrile Butadiene O-rings: Steric and Mechanical Properties," Submitted to Fuel, July 2018
50. Wehde, K., Romanczyk, M., Kilaz, G., Trice, R., and Kenttamaa, H.I. Comprehensive GCxGC/TOF MS method for the analysis of petroleum and alternatively derived aviation fuel and fuel additives.
51. Romanczyk, M., Wehde, K., Kilaz, G., Trice, R., and Kenttamaa, H.I. Comparison of (+) atmospheric pressure chemical ionization with carbon disulfide and GC x GC EI/TOF MS for identification of aromatic ions derived from jet fuel and fuel additives.
52. M. W. Knauf, C.P. Przybyla, A. Ritchey, R.W. Trice, and R. B. Pipes, "Residual Stress Determination of Silicon Containing Boron Dopants in CMCs," IN PRESS J. Am. Ceram. Soc., May 2018
53. P. Vozka, B.A. Modereger, A.C. Park, W. Tang, J. Zhang, R.W. Trice, H.I Kenttamaa, G. Kilaz, "Jet Fuel Density Via GCxGC-FID," IN PRESS, Fuel, Aug. 2018.